A mother wants everyone to know that one kiss left her son in the hospital with a life-threatening rash

A MUM has issued a stark warning for people to not to kiss babies after her son nearly died after developing life-threatening herpes from a seemingly harmless peck.

Demi Boswell told how son Cohen, who will turn one later in the week, was raced to hospital on February 18 after falling critically ill with the virus which causes cold sores and can prove fatal to babies.

Cohen was left critically ill after contracting the herpes virus
Collect

When you have children it means you take on the biggest responsibility in the world – for other lives.

This is why most mothers and fathers want to wrap their little ones in cotton wool and make sure nothing bad ever happens to them.

And yet, we cannot protect them every second of the day. And worse, there are things that can harm or endanger them without us even knowing it.

A mother from England is warning other parents after her son suffered life-threatening symptoms, and all.. because of an innocent kiss.

Demi Boswell explains how her one-year-old son, Cohen, was rushed to the hospital after developing a rash that covered his entire body. It turns out he was infected with herpes from a simple kiss.

Some may not know, but herpes can be fatal for babies.

Demi wants to remind all parents about the painful truth, if they are ever in the situation she was.

“People may not want to see these pictures but I think it’s important that I show them”, she wrote in a Facebook post.

“Cohen was rushed to the hospital when the doctors were already there to receive him for treatment”.

She continued: “Even if you don’t see the wound it could be hidden so you don’t know he has one. I kiss my child on the lips every day, but this has definitely opened my eyes now”.

She urges all parents not to touch or kiss other people’s babies unless they have washed their hands thoroughly beforehand.

Parents! We cannot stress enough the potential dangers of the herpes virus and how dangerous it can be.

Share this article with your friends and family to spread Demi’s warning. You never know.. you might save a life!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *